Each person has different learning style. In school students sometimes find it very difficult to learn any subject. There are few techniques which will make your learning faster. There are different types of learning styles a) Visual –when you prefer learning using pictures, images, and spatial understanding, b) Aural- when you prefer learning using sound and music c) Verbal- when you prefer using words both in speech and writing, d) Physical- when you prefer using your body , hands and sense of touch, e) Logical – when you prefer using logic, reasoning and systems, f) Social – when you prefer to learn in groups or with other people, g) Solitary – when you prefer to work alone and use self – study.
Abraham Lincoln said, “I do not think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.”
So, we can say that learning is a daily adventure that everyone carries and explores throughout life. Learning doesn’t stop after school it continues for those who are having more curiosity in knowing the whole world; they apply themselves to constant learning and competing against the world to grow. There are some steps which you can follow to make your learning even more effective.
- You can choose your own learning style, understand, what learning techniques are more efficient for you and use them practically.
- Try to learn where your interests and talents lie, try many different things. It’s probable that you are good at many things but you won’t know until you’ve tried. Be aware of past memories that tell you to stay away from certain things.
- Look at learning as an exploration and opportunity but don’t look it as chore, in other words don’t force yourself to learn things, follow your heart as well as your sense of duty.
- Learn the basics with fun; make it as your intellectual hobbies and games .Try some free Open Course Ware, TED Talks or iTunes for comprehensive presentations from famous professors and experts in their fields.
- Read books which are written by people who experienced difficulties with the basics of tricky subjects like Math, science or other subjects but have still managed to find workarounds without giving up. There ways of learning may help you to improve your own way of learning.
- Try to create or formulate something for yourself like intelligence, something which is artistic or scientific; it can be social also .Try social media and other methods to refine the one you like the most.
- Look at the world from different levels and it is for sure that you will respond differently to different news. Respond to what you observe and notice and examine your responses.
- Ask as much you can ask, asking questions will be more beneficial than getting the answers , be sure to listen carefully and understand the response
- Teaching is a wonderful way to learn any subject and improve your own understanding of it, if you are not a teacher or tutor, then you can post your knowledge in Wikipedia and you can see in return something even better than before.
Become a good learner by adopting some practices listed above, make it as your daily habit and improve your way of learning.